Types of Events
Is your group planning a group meeting, informational table, or an event? It is important to know the difference when filling out the event registration form on CougSync.
A group meeting is when your RSO is only reserving a meeting room or classroom to conduct RSO business or hold informational sessions. No hazardous activities. If the meeting is open to non-members, no food or alcohol can be served.
An informational table is designated as an event where groups are promoting their organization, or a cause, by simple information dispersal (e.g. flyers, poster displays, word of mouth). No food, alcohol, or loud music.
Any event that is more complex than simple information dispersal (e.g. performances, bake sales, banquets, athletic events, etc.--see "suggested time table" for additional event examples and event request submission timeline).
Because Each Event Is Unique See Our Suggested Time Table Below
Event Request Timeline
|Group Meetings||Recurring event on event request||1 Week|
|Information Tables||Food / raffle / fundraising. Does not include info tables||2 Weeks|
|Events||Simple events, events w/ food, events w/ 100+ people||3 Weeks|
|High-Risk Events||Mechanical bulls, animals, athletic activities, etc.||4 Weeks|
|Events w/ Alcohol on Campus||Obtain License or Permit from WA State Liquor & Cannabis Board||7 Weeks|
Free Speech Events
For protests, rallies, and other expressions of free speech to be held within two weeks, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help with event details and expedite your event approval.
Steps to Register Your Event in CougSync
- Login with your WSU ID and password at https://wsu.campuslabs.com/engage/
- Go to your current memberships and access the organization page you want to create an event for. (If you are not an officer of the page or the primary contact, this option will not appear.)
- Select “manage organization”. In the hamburger menu in the upper left of the page, access “Events”
- Select “Create Event” in the upper right of the page to begin the event request process.
- Once the request has been submitted, please remain active on the conversation feed of your completed event request to address any questions the reviewers have about your event request.
If you have any questions, give us a call at 509-335-2402, email email@example.com, or visit us in the Student Organization Center located in CUB 331.