How to Renew Your RSO
RSO renewal season is from April through September. Student organizations are required to renew their club every academic year, by the third week of fall semester. Follow these instructions to renew your organization:
1. Transition Leadership Positions
Hold elections in March-April to identify new club leadership. Pass officer roles and responsibilities to new club officers.This transition includes granting permission to new officers in your club’s CougSync portal.
2. Maintain Club Membership
You still need a minimum of four club members to renew an organization. Members and Officers must be currently enrolled WSU students who have joined the organization on CougSync and are listed under the “People” tab.
3. Attend Officer Training
Two RSO Officers must complete an in-person officer training every year. More than two officers or members are welcome to attend the training to learn about RSO services and processes. Student Involvement schedules officer training dates throughout the RSO renewal season.
RSO officer training sessions will resume fall 2018. Refer back to this website for details.
4. Update CougSync Portal
Administrators of the club’s CougSync portal can log in to CougSync, navigate to their organization’s portal, select the Profile tab, scroll to the bottom of the screen, and select the Manage Profile button. Here are some things to update:
- Upload an updated constitution document - Your Constitution should always be up to date with your organization polices. On the first page of your constitution, include the date that the document was last updated to ensure you get credit for your updated constitution.
- Reflect on the club’s mission, vision, and values over the last year and make any updates to those as necessary.
- Identify the club’s new meeting day, time, and location.
- Expand on your club’s keywords to include any new interest areas and to keep the CougSync search function up to date. This will help new students find your club based on one-word searches (i.e. animals, hiking, adventure, etc.)
- Update officer and advisor positions and contact information. To fulfill the officer-training requirement, list the two officers who attend training.
- Make sure to finish submitting the updates on the form to fulfill this requirement.
5. Submit Advisor Agreement Form
Advisors can be faculty, staff, or graduate students with a teaching, research, or graduate assistantship at WSU. When an advisor's contact information is updated in CougSync, the advisor will receive an email requesting they complete the Advisor Agreement Form. Advisors can also find the form under the Forms tab in the Student Involvement portal in CougSync.
Reasons to Renew
Only up-to-date RSOs get:
- CUB Event Space Waivers
- Free CUB Meeting Room Use
- Free Graphic Design & Videography
- 20% off Event Catering
- Finance and Event Planning Support
What is CougSync?
CougSync is the online community that connects all RSOs. RSOs are required to update and renew their information in CougSync each year, and new RSOs must register through this database.
All WSU students can use CougSync by logging in using their network ID. Once logged in, students can browse all RSOs, take care of important RSO requirements, and learn more about upcoming RSO programs and events across campus.
If you have any questions, give us a call at 509-335-2402, email email@example.com, or visit us in the Student Organization Center located in CUB 331.