Nominees for the WSU President’s Awards for Leadership are reviewed within the framework of the Social Change Model of Leadership Development. In this model, leadership is viewed as a process rather than a position. The values of equity, social justice, self-knowledge, personal empowerment, collaboration, citizenship, and service are explicitly promoted.
Students will be notified of their nomination and are required to submit a separate application, including two letters of recommendation and answers to essay questions that address the following criteria:
- Significant position(s) or engagement experiences that best illustrate the contributions the student has made to WSU and/or the community.
- The values, beliefs, and actions that have guided the student's own leadership journey.
- Experiences collaborating with others to achieve common goals, motivate others, and resolve conflict.
- How these experiences have led to positive change.
These applications, along with nomination information, is scored on a 20-point scale. Scoring is as follows:
- Two Letters of Recommendation - 5 points
- Record of activities - Up to 5 points total
- Three essay questions - Up to 10 points total
- Maximum Point Total - 20
All Other Nomination Categories
A complete nomination form is all that is required to nominate a student group, faculty, staff or community organization. Learn more about award category details.
Questions regarding award criteria and President's Awards for Leadership nomination and application processes can be addressed by emailing Tamara Crooks at email@example.com or calling 509-335-6948.
2018 President's Awards for Leadership Nominations Open
The President's Awards honor those who advance leadership and engagement at WSU and beyond. Award categories are student, student groups, faculty and staff, and community organizations.
Student nominations close Monday, Feb. 19. All other nominations close Friday, March 9. Nominations from all WSU campuses are welcome.Submit a Nomination