President's Award for Leadership criteria
Nominees for the WSU President's Awards for Leadership are reviewed within the framework of the Social Change Model of Leadership Development. In this model, leadership is viewed as a process rather than a position. The values of equity, social justice, self-knowledge, personal empowerment, collaboration, citizenship, and service are explicitly promoted.
Students will be notified of their nomination and are required to submit a separate application, including two letters of recommendation and answers to essay questions that address the following criteria:
- Significant position(s) or engagement experiences that best illustrate the contributions the student has made to WSU and/or the community.
- The values, beliefs, and actions that have guided the student's own leadership journey.
- Experiences collaborating with others to achieve common goals, motivate others, and resolve conflict.
- How these experiences have led to positive change.
These applications, along with nomination information, are scored on a 20-point scale. Scoring is as follows:
- Two letters of recommendation - 5 points
- Record of activities - Up to 5 points total
- Three essay questions - Up to 10 points total
- Maximum Point Total - 20
Other nomination categories
A completed nomination form is required to nominate a Registered Student Organization, Community Organization, Faculty, or Staff member. Nominees in this category do not have to fill out a separate application to be considered for the award. While it is not required, we encourage all who nominate to also submit a letter of support for the organization or member of the WSU community they are nominating. Learn more about award category details.
Student Involvement, Compton Union Building 320, PO BOX 647204, Pullman, WA, 99164-7204 email@example.com p 509/335-9667