How to welcome our newest members!
In order to have this whole experience work for our newest Cougar community members and for you as a fantastic participant, we've established these expectations that will help the experience be positive for all.
- Please arrive 5 minutes early to your shift and stay for the entire time you are scheduled.
- Keep customer service high on your list of priorities for the day.
- Bring your proud Cougar spirit and display it throughout your shift!
- Wear your t-shirt during your shift to identify yourself to new students and other participants.
- Within your shift and site location, work as a team to help as many people as possible.
- Communicate with the Residential Education Director of the hall that you're working at if students or families are having problems.
- Arrive clean, healthy and sober to your shift.
- Be very careful if you are carrying others' belongings.
- Use this as an opportunity to show our new Cougars how great your group is with your actions, but refrain from recruiting outright. They are overwhelmed enough right now!
- Respect all participants' efforts and the privacy of all families on this important day.
- Lift and carry only what you are able to do.
- Recognize your tremendous impact on people's lives on this momentous day!